Your family’s financial
future matters to God—
and it matters to us.
Choose from interest-bearing Investment Certificates; Individual, Church, and Overseas field Agreements; and retirement options such as Traditional and Roth IRAs.
Investment and Retirement Options that Serve You and God’s Kingdom
By investing with Orchard Alliance, the official securities and lending ministry of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, you create a source of funds for Alliance churches, districts, and affiliated organizations.
Choose from interest-bearing Investment Certificates; Individual, Church, and Overseas field Agreements; and retirement options such as Traditional and Roth IRAs. If you are a qualified Alliance investor, you may also be eligible for Orchard Alliance’s 403(b) Retirement Plan fixed income asset option, Shell Point matching program, or Missionary Retiral Account.
Earn a fixed rate of return from one to ten years and provide funding for loans that Alliance churches and ministries can use for buildings, land, and renovation projects. With a paperless certificate from Orchard Alliance, most transactions can be completed in one business day.
- $100 minimum opening investment
- Terms range from one to ten years
- Receive periodic interest payments or allow interest to accrue
- Electronic funds transfers available
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
Invest for your retirement and invest in the Kingdom with an Individual Retirement Account from Orchard Alliance. With a low minimum initial investment and no annual maintenance fees, you can start small and plan for your financial future no matter your age or your income.
- Begin today with as little as $50
- Open a new IRA or transfer/rollover your existing IRA
- Allow your investment to grow tax-deferred in a Traditional IRA or tax-free in a Roth IRA*
- Maximum annual contribution for Traditional/Roth IRAs in 2019, 2020, and 2021 is 100% of your annual income, up to a maximum of $6,000 ($7,000 if you are age 50 or older) **
* Funds invested in Orchard Alliance IRAs are held by GoldStar Trust Company as custodian, which provides investor statements and reporting.
** Annual contribution limits and other terms for Individual Retirement Accounts are set by the Internal Revenue Service. Visit www.irs.gov for additional details or consult with your tax advisor before investing.
Select Orchard Alliance as an asset choice in the C&MA 403(b) Retirement Plan, and you will support Orchard Alliance’s church building mission while supplementing your retirement investments.
- Available through the C&MA Retirement Plan
- Contributions are made by elective salary deferral
- Follows guidelines described under IRS Code 403(b)
- Ministers and chaplains filing as self-employed for tax purposes can make tax-deferred salary reductions
Send the following documents to Alliance Benefits to determine your eligibility:
- Copy of your W-2
- Your C&MA official worker profile
- Copy of a statement if prior contributions have been made
- A breakdown of other contributions
If you qualify and are interested in opening a 403(b) Agreement, Alliance Benefits will provide you with the application forms and an Orchard Alliance offering circular.
Open an Orchard Alliance agreement for yourself or your family, and earn interest by providing loan funds to build Alliance churches and ministries. Agreements have no minimum term, and funds are available on demand. Interest accrues daily, compounds monthly, and is posted to the account on the last day of each month.
- $1 minimum opening investment
- Make additional deposits at any time
- Request withdrawals any time in writing by fax, email, or secure message
- Electronic funds transfers available
Individual Agreements are open to all members, constituents, contributors, and adherents of the C&MA.Invest Now
Visit our Rates page for more information.Rates
Shell Point Agreements
Supplement the Founder’s Gift for entrance to Shell Point Retirement Community in Fort Myers, Florida with a Shell Point Agreement. This investment offer is available to all credentialed workers, both licensed and certified, as identified in the C&MA Manual.
- New investment is eligible for matching by Shell Point each year
- Minimum of $500/yr and Maximum of $1,500/yr eligible for matching discount
- Minimum match of 25%
To open a Shell Point Agreement, click the Invest Now button.Invest Now
Missionary Retiral Agreements (MRA)
Invest in a Missionary Retiral Agreement (MRA) and build your financial future while you help build your ministry overseas. The MRA is a retirement savings plan for active overseas missionaries under age 70 and on allowance. With an MRA, you can maximize the amount you invest for retirement during the years you are eligible for the foreign earned income exclusion.
- $1 minimum initial investment
- 10% penalty for withdrawal prior to age 59 1/2
- Interest income is reported to IRS and is taxable annually
- Statements sent quarterly
Questions about Investments and Retirement?
We’d love to hear from you.